OverDrive - Audiobooks and E-books
Audiobooks and e-books are available through our OverDrive app. (It's free!)
Download the app to your own device, sign in, browse hundreds of library audiobooks, checkout & listen from your own device!
Or access through your web browser on your computer.
Check it out on your device
Students login with your lunch number and six-digit birthdate.
1. Download the free OverDrive app on your device and create an account as prompted.
2. In the app, select “Add a library” from the main menu.
Android users: if you do not see this option, find the menu button on your device that brings up the “Get books” option and then select “Add a library” near the bottom of the screen
3. Search by school name.
4. Select Jefferson County Board of Education library system.
Tap the star first to save this information to your library list for future visits.
5. Enter school name and then provide the log-in information as prompted.
6. Browse the audiobooks and ebooks. Click on the picture of the book cover to check out a book.
7. Click the “Borrow” button to check out the book.
The “place a hold” button means someone else currently has the book checked out, but you can be added to a wait list for it.
8. On the next screen, click “Download” to transfer the title to your device or “Read in browser” (when available) will open the book on your device’s internet browser.
Where is my downloaded book? Downloaded titles can be accessed through the “Bookshelf” tab on the main OverDrive menu.
9. After 14 days, the book is automatically returned to the library and removed from your account.
Device-specific video tutorials available at http://www.overdrive.com/help-videos